VERSE OF THE DAY: ~ Ephesians 3:8-12 “To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I…
VERSE OF THE DAY: ~ Ephesians 3:8-12 "To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him."
There are several important points that Paul makes in this 5 verse long sentence so I decided today I would bullet them and let you chime in by using the comments below:
• The word "saint" comes from the Greek word hágios here is what it means- ("holy") has the "technical" meaning "different from the world" because "like the Lord."
• Paul considered himself the least of all the "saints" because he once persecuted the church. Yet Paul still preached the gospel of Christ to the nations of his day!
• Paul refers to the gospel of the kingdom as "unsearchable riches" of Christ. Does this mean that the good news of God's kingdom never runs out?
• The word "mystery" refers to hidden things. Does Paul imply that these hidden things are now able to be "unveiled" to all those who seek or listen for their revelation? Is preaching the word part of that "unveiling" process?
• The word "fellowship" can also be translated "stewardship" of the hidden things.
• Verse 9-10 tell us that "all things were created through Jesus Christ to the intent that the "manifold" wisdom of God might be made known "By the church" to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places." How is this declaration to be accomplished and to what end?
• The term Principality and power is used by 2 other times in the book of Ephesians;
○ In Eph 1:20-21 Paul says Jesus is seated at the right hand of God far above all principality and power and might and dominion and every thing that is named not only in this age (aión) but also in that which is to come.
○ In Eph 6:12 where he informs us that "we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."
• The Greek word for "eternal" in verse 11 is "aión" and it means: an age, a cycle (of time), especially of the present age as contrasted with the future age, and of one of a series of ages stretching to infinity.
• We have boldness and access with confidence to the eternal purpose that was accomplished in Christ through faith in Him!
Can I ask from the verses above, what did Paul say about the church in relationship to principalities and powers in the heavenly places? How do we make something known to spiritual forces? And if that is God's intent, in what ways can we as His Church fulfill His plan? I am interested in what others think about this.... Please chime in and comment below.
PRAYER: Thank You Father for the wonderful plan which You have called Your church to be involved in! Grant each of us a spirit of wisdom and revelation concern the true knowledge of Your word and plan. Thank You for already giving us the empowering grace to declare Your message of salvation to those who do not yet know You. Teach us Holy Spirit what and how to declare the wisdom of God to the principalities and powers in heavenly places. Thank You Jesus for continuing to lead and guide us by Your Spirit into all truth. Amen!
VERSE FOR FEARLESS LIVING! ~ Joshua 10:8 "And the Lord said to Joshua, “Do not fear them, for I have delivered them into your hand; not a man of them shall stand before you.”
There was a problem reporting this post.
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
Please note: This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin. Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.