VERSE OF THE DAY: ~Ephesians 4:11-16 “And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.
The writer declares that God has given the church positional ministries for certain purposes. I believe that whether the titles are held by a person or not these ministries are working and active throughout the church. For example one can actively practice evangelism daily at work or in the marketplace, yet never hold a position titled “evangelist”. On the other hand, a person can hold the title “apostle” because they have ministered for years and earned that promotion. But are they actually doing apostolic works? I recognize that many differing opinions are held concerning the positions of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors or teachers. Yet, the purpose of those offices should not be overlooked nor under valued! Let us list those purposes from Eph. 4:12-16:
- For the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry. (notice who does the work of equipping and who does the work of the ministry)
- For the edifying of the body of Christ till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God
- This verse indicates: that the church can be built up (edified)
- The church can be unified in our faith
- The church can be unified in our knowledge of Christ!
- To a perfect man (perfect means complete with no lack)
- To the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.
- That we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine.
- By the trickery of men.
- In the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting
- But speaking the truth in love
- We may grow up in all things into Him who is the head – Christ
- Could this be a key concerning unity in the body of Christ? If we all have a working and healthy relationship with the head the body will work and be in health!
- From whom(Christ) the whole body:
- Joined and knit together by what every joint supplies
- according to the effective working by which every part does its share
- Causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.
PRAYER: “Father, I thank You for those in leadership that You have blessed Your church with. I ask Your increased and continual favor upon them to be able to lead and equip Your church for our ministry. I also seek to know you more intimately Jesus, that the flow of Your Spirit through me would release the fulfillment of Your purpose and plan for me both as a member of Your church body and as an influence to the world. I recognize that You Lord Jesus are the head of the body and that as each member of your church body develops relationship with You, You will bring us together naturally. I give You permission to expose and remove every hindrance or anything that interferes with my place in the unified body of Christ. From You Lord I receive life, health, wisdom, power and strength. Thank You Lord Jesus – Amen!
VERSE FOR FEARLESS LIVING! ~ Isaiah 35:4 “Say to those who are fearful-hearted, “Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, With the recompense of God; He will come and save you.”